Time is over and there is little time for your baby to be born. The best way to get through this last stage is to remain calm and relaxed. To do this, it will help you to know that you have everything ready for when the big moment arrives.
Here’s a list of what you should pack in your hospital bag:
At the hospital arrival:
- Latest medical exams
- Medical Insurance
- Book and / or music you like: to relax during labor or after birth.
- Phone and phone charger: to notify your family, tell the good news, etc.
- Camera and / or video camera: to record these moments.
- Bathroom bag with all your elements for personal care and beauty.
- Nightgowns: they must be loose, and if they have the openings to breastfeed, the better.
- Breastfeeding bra: a good size, as your breasts will fill with milk a few days after delivery.
- Nursing pads: they are absorbent discs that are placed between the nipple and the bodice to protect your clothes from possible spills.
- High panties or trusses: some recommend it to support the belly well after giving birth.
- Coming home outfit
- Comfy clothes
For your baby:
- Wet wipes.
- Baby clothes.
You can also download this list we made for you to make sure you have everything packed!
Remember this is a basic list for the baby and for you, but you may require additional things depending on your health or your type of delivery. Don’t forget to follow your mother instinct, it never fails.